Slow Cooker Coca Cola Pulled Pork
It is almost time for that time of the year when the weather is amazing and we are able to eat outside with friends and family. One of our favorite dishes to make when serving food for a group is my Slow Cooker Coca-Cola Pulled Pork. You literally put everything into the slow cooker, cook, and shred the meat. One pork roast is enough to feed a large group and add a few sides like coleslaw, potato salad, and some fresh corn and you have a quick and easy meal that everyone will love. When making it for just your family you can use the leftovers to make sandwiches, taquitos, tacos, and a ton of other delicious meals. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
Whole Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt Roast (with or without bones)
12 oz of Coke
1 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
1 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Salt
1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce, plus 1 additional bottle for after cooking
1. Rinse pork roast thoroughly and dry with a paper towel. Set inside, fat side up, into slow cooker.
2. Mix spices and barbecue sauce together and pour over the pork roast.
3. Pour Coca-Cola over the roast.
4. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 10 hours.
5. Cut roast in half and carefully remove from slow cooker and place in a large bowl.
6. Remove and discard bones.
7. Reserve 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cooker and dispose of the rest.
8. Shred meat using two forks until all the large pieces are broken up.
9. Add reserved liquid and add barbecue sauce. Depending on how saucy you wish it to be will determine how much to add. Stir well.
10. Set heat to low and cook 30 more minutes before serving.