The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
Crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. When I envision the "perfect" chocolate chip cookie, this would be it! I am so picky about cookies as I have made so many over the years. I prefer the big, thick bakery style cookies. I definitely do not like overly crunchy, flat chocolate chip cookies.
After these come out of the oven, they need to set up. It's really hard to wait, but it will be worth it. The buttery crispness on the outside and the melted semi-sweet chocolate on the inside is the perfect pairing. You've got to give this recipe a try. I think it will become your new favorite as it is mine!
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on low speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add the sugars and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 3 minutes.
3. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4.Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, salt, and mix until just combined.
5. Add the chocolate chips, and beat for a few seconds on low speed.
6. Using your hands, divide the dough into 8 equal sized balls.
7. Place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
9.Place four balls of cookie dough on the baking sheet.
10. Bake for approximately 12 minutes,or until lightly golden brown around the edges, even if slightly undercooked in the center. Times will vary depending if you are using a regular oven or a convection oven. My oven runs a little hot, so just check on them after 12 minutes.
11. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy with a big glass of ice cold milk!