Easy Mini Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls from The Mini Baker
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1- 8 oz. tube crescent roll dough
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 Tablespoon milk
1. Prepare Blueberry Filling: In a small saucepan combine all four ingredients over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue to stir for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to cool. The blueberry filling will thicken to a jam-like consistency. Cool completely before using on your cinnamon rolls.
2. Preheat oven according to crescent roll dough package directions (mine was 375 degrees.) Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Layout half the dough (4 triangles) on a cutting board dusted with flour. Pinch all the seams together. Flip the dough over and pinch the seams on the back side together too. It will now be one square piece of dough.
4. Use a rolling to smooth the seams and roll the dough into a square about 1/4″ thick.
5. Brush with 1 tablespoon of butter. Top the dough with half of the blueberry filling. Spread out evenly and sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mixture. (You can use more if you’d like!)
6. Roll the dough into a log, sealing the ends so the blueberry filling doesn’t come out the sides. Use a sharp knife to cut log into 8 pieces.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 with the other half of the dough.
8. Place mini blueberry cinnamon rolls into a non-stick sprayed mini muffin tin.
8. Bake according to package directions.
9. While they are baking, whisk together the milk and sifted powdered sugar. Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls. Yum!
*For an even easier recipe, omit the blueberry fillings and make plain Mini Cinnamon Rolls- just as tasty!
To view this and other amazing recipes visit The Mini Baker by clicking on link: www.minibaker.com