Toasty Sausage Egg Sandwich
1pkg. (19 oz.) Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links, decased
5 large eggs, fried
2 Tbsp. butter
5 Tbsp. pesto (or pesto mayonnaise)
8oz. Fontina Cheese, cut into thick slices
2 large tomatoes, sliced (about 10 slices)2cups
Arugula leaves (or other preferred greens), lightly packed
1. Decase the sausages, and reshape the links into 5 separate patties. Cook patties in a large skillet for about 4-5 minutes on each side until no longer pink inside.
2. Toast bread in toaster oven or on a large pan under the broiler for about 1 minute per side until lightly toasted.
3. Butter the bottom of a large skillet and fry the 5 eggs to your liking. (Sunny side up, over easy, or break the yolk and then flip the egg to finish cooking.)
4. On a cutting board lay out 5 of the toasted bread slices, spread each with pesto, cheese slices, 1 hot from the skillet sausage patty, 1 fried egg, 2 tomato slices and arugula. Cover each with remaining toast.
5. Slice in half and serve immediately.
Recipe shared from: http://www.johnsonville.com/recipe/toasty-sausage-egg-sandwich.html