Super Simple Sweet & Savory Salad with Pear Vinaigrette Dressing
- Dark, mixed greens (you can also buy a good premixed salad)
- Spicy and Sweet Pecans (see recipe below)
- Blueberries or Blackberries
- White Stilton (crumbled feta, blue cheese, or goat cheese works well)
- Pear Vinaigrette Dressing (see recipe below)
Prepare your pecans according to directions. Allow to cool. Prepare your dressing. This can be made in advance and refrigerated. Prepare fruit and then mix all ingredients in a bowl and add desired amount of dressing.
Spicy & Sweet Pecans
- 2 cups shelled pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread pecans on baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally, until nuts are fragrant and light golden brown.
- 2. While nuts are roasting, combine cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- 3. Remove nuts from oven and place in a bowl. Toss with melted butter, brown sugar and spice mix while nuts are still hot, combining evenly. Let cool and serve.
Pear Vinaigrette Dressing
1 ripe pear peeled, cored, chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons mustard
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or usual, table salt)
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Blend the pear, white wine, garlic, mustard, white balsamic vinegar, black pepper, and sea salt in a blender until well combined.
Drizzle the olive oil into the mixture in a thin, steady stream while continuing to blend.
Blend a few seconds longer until the salad dressing is thick and creamy.