Chicken Sausage & Bow Tie Pasta with Mushrooms and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound chicken sausage (use your favorite variety)*
- 8-16 oz. bow tie pasta (16 oz will make 4-6 large servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded low fat Parmesan cheese, optional*
Directions:1. Cut sausage into 1/2" slices. Cook penne according to package directions.
2. Add olive oil into a large non-stick skillet. Add sausage, mushrooms and onion cook, stirring frequently 4-5 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in spinach, sun dried tomatoes and beef broth; heat through. Toss with cooked penne. Sprinkle with Pargesean cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
*recipe has been modified from original version.