Delicious Chicken Sausage, Sweet Onion, and Fennel Pizza
- 3 ounces chicken apple sausage, chopped (such as Gerhard's)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced Oso Sweet or other sweet onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 small bulb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary's)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
3. Add oil to pan. Add onion, fennel, and salt; cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
4. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet. Top evenly with onion mixture; sprinkle with cheese, and top evenly with sausage. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle evenly with chives. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.