Skip to main content
Search This Blog
January 14, 2012
Chocolate Chunk Muffins
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
8 rows dark cooking chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups milk
1. Preheat an oven to 356 degrees.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
Stir to combine.
3. Add the chocolate chunks and stir again.
4. Whisk the eggs, butter and milk.
5. Then, using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir the two mixtures together until everything is moistened.
Yes, there will be lumps but small lumps are fine.
6. Spoon the mixture into muffin pans…
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Leave in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.
Muffins are best when freshly made, but for muffins anytime you want them, wrap them (cooled) in plastic and freeze for up to two months.
Thaw, still wrapped, at room temperature.